Sunday, March 30, 2014

Food: Suggested Cold Stone Ice Cream Flavor "Deliciously Rich Donald Trump"

Cold Stone is one of my favorite places to get ice cream. They make "creations" the way my friends and I used to at our teenage birthday parties growing up. We'd buy a cornucopia of delicious "ingredients" and take pride in each of us making our own original yummy mess. Mixing ice cream flavors, fruit, candies and toppings all in one bowl for a delicious and unique dessert experience.

Since Cold Stone has hit the market with a collection of their Signature Creations, I've been happy to leave the flavor combination inventing to the ice cream experts. And I can tell you without hesitation what everyone in my family normally gets when we visit this particular ice cream parlor.

As for myself, I'm usually very happy with the "Mint Mint Chocolate Chip". I've tried a variety of their flavor combinations and generally like that one the best. Every now and then I'll get their "Chocolate Devotion" with some strawberries tossed in. And their "Cookie Doughn't You Want Some" is another I frequently rotate out with. I sometimes add a thing now and then, (like the time I added brownie to the "Strawberry Blonde") but I've never made an entirely new creation before that deserves to be added to the list of regulars.

But that changed one time about eight months ago when my boyfriend decided to make his own concoction instead of getting his usual Birthday Cake Remix (sans chocolate). I was conflicted about which of my usuals to get and was kinda looking for something a little different. So when my boyfriend (who is not a fan of mint or even sometimes of chocolate but very much likes cheesecake) ordered Cake Batter and Cheesecake Ice cream, then added pie crust and Carmel, it sounded intriguing. He let me taste his when the server passed it over the counter. It was good. That is, it was a good start.

I decided to get that, but with a few more additions. I also requested chocolate shavings, fudge topping and fresh strawberries. When my delectable dessert was handed over to me, I let my boyfriend taste it. The flavors were in my opinion perfection and was sure he'd agree.

My boyfriend: It's too rich.

Me: What?! That's impossible. There's no such thing as too rich. Just ask Donald Trump!

We both laughed but the name stuck.

And that is how the Deliciously Rich Donald Trump ice cream concoction was created. Now most times I go to Cold Stone I ask for this combination. But it would be really awesome to just ask for it by name. I think it's about time we let the public decide so I'm putting the ingredient list out there for everyone to decide if they agree. 

If you'd like to have your taste buds overwhelmed by an amazing treat, try the Deliciously Rich Donald Trump. Here is what to ask for:

Cake Batter ice cream
Cheesecake ice cream
Pie Crust topping
Carmel Topping
Chocolate Fudge Topping
Chocolate Shavings
Fresh Sliced Strawberries

(add a chocolate covered waffle bowl if you think you can handle it!)

And then Enjoy!

No comments: