Thursday, June 17, 2010

One Line Wonders

If you’re hoping I’m about to give you a bunch of great one liners to use to hit on girls, you’re sadly mistaken.

Actually it’s more about my amazement that guys on dating sites, networking sites or other online communication pages set up an account, upload pictures, write about themselves: their interests, quirks, what they’re looking for etc. and then when they write a first contact message to a girl they’re interested in getting to know, it’s a badly written four words or less.

Hey. Sup.

What r u up 2?

How’s it going?

How u doing?

Hey wanna chat?

Wast up ma?


Seriously?? The wonder is that they even bother to write at all!

Even if their profile is interesting and their pictures are decent, a short lame message like those are a huge turn off.

It’s not quite as insulting as the one line propositions like these:

We shood hook up tonite baby.

Wanna c a pix of my huge cock?

I wud tear that ass up!

Hay babygurl looking goood u want 2 get wit a reel man I show u a good time!


But it IS right up there with pre-fab, mass distributed letter that sounds like this.

Hi my name is ….. Your profile is great and you’re very attractive. I think we have a lot in common. Check out my profile and if you like what you see you can email me at …….. And this is my cell number. ###-#### Hope to hear from you soon!

It feels like getting spam. And that’s where it and all the other I-didn’t-care-to-read-your-profile-but-you’re-hot-so-I’ll-see-if-you’ll-sleep-with-me mail goes: Deleted with the spam.

If you’re really interested in a girl, like you saying you are, then show it!

If she has her name in her profile, use it!

It doesn’t take more than a minute to glance through her pictures and profile and comment on one or two things you see or read there.

Hey Carla,

What a coincidence I have a black and while chinchilla named Pogo too! Okay so maybe not but if I DID have a chinchilla Pogo would be at the top of the list of names for it. So you like hiking at the national park? That’s cool. Have you ever been to (name of another Mountain, walking park or outdoor hiking area)? I won’t make this too long but I’d like to talk with you and maybe find out what your favorite ice cream flavor is.

Have a great day! Ron


That last letter should get a quick and interesting response from any female with a pulse. Unless your pictures look like a psychopath or your profile “About Me” is filled up with:

I don’t know what to say. ##########################################
##############################################################


It’s actually shocking how often THAT happens. It just makes a guy look lazy and inconsiderate. Lazy that he didn’t take the time to write out anything worth reading and inconsiderate that he expects a normal, intelligent, attractive woman to be interested in a guy who is screaming out “I’M A LOSER”.



So, quick recap:

*If you want to IM or email a girl, say something worthy of a response.

*Make your profile the way you would want to see someone you'd be interested in dating do.

*Humor is often your best friend just don’t be insulting or too stupid.

*Compliments on her face and body aren’t nearly as great as compliments on her personality or skills/ interests.

*Pay attention to what she does and comment on it!

*And if you write a lame one liner, don’t be surprised or pissed off if it gets ignored!

No comments: